Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
The two tracks are "1492" and "When I Dream of Michelangelo." They are downloadable together in a convenient .zip file that just needs to be extracted. I've only listened to them all the way through once, and I think I prefer the second tune. I really like a lot of their previous stuff and I feel like "1492" is a little less soulful than I've come to expect. Whatever your feelings, if you like Counting Crows (you HAVE to love free legal music downloads from prominent bands) then you should check this out; don't know how long they'll be available for download, so hop to it, and ENJOY!
The State Of The World Today
Thinking about politics makes me wonder about other things in the world, so I think this very interesting statistical clock is appropriate to add here. The clock encompasses some of the more-pressing issues the world, and people in the world, currently face. Even though all the figures are approximations based on past statistics and estimates, which are then simply calculated from the beginning of the selected time period until the current time, it will really cause you to stop and think about where we're headed.
And to finish it all off, might as well throw in another SERIOUS ISSUE facing the world... UFO's! Multiple sightings in the small Texas town of Stephenville recently, have stirred up some interest. Check out the news coverage of the ALIEN SHIP SIGHTINGS.
Thanks sunkiztgirl for the emails! ;-)
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Just LOOK at what can happen!
Scary, I know. Happy Hump Day!
Monday, January 21, 2008
Originally posted here (the mothership of the virus as it were) and I had to TOTALLY revamp it. There were so many redundant links and bad tags, it took me hours to go through and just make it useable! I spruced up the overall appeal too, to make it look like a human infected with a virus! What do you think?
———copy and paste the Viralink and instructions below this line———
Below is a matrix of 120 stars, I have already added a link to my blog onto one of the stars, all you need to do is copy and paste the grid into your blog and add your own link to one of the other spare stars, and tell others to do the same!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
WHEW, that was a long winded lead-in to a contest being run on www.bloggernoob.com where you can win money by simply adding a MAKE MONEY BLOG link to your blog. Any blogger who wants to earn money with their blog, needs guidance, and that is a great place to find some! Check it out, and even participate in the contest if you catch it in time because, with this one, the prize money is directly related to the number of entrants!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Edit: I suppose I could elaborate at least a little bit more about why exactly BlogRush Sucks, instead of just going on a temper-fueled disappointment rage, so here are a couple of the facts.
1) I never saw any results. Other people might, but it certainly wasn't a "Rush" for my site. Upon looking over my individual stats page, I could only decipher what seemed to tell me that my articles had been presented to a couple thousand widgets, but had at the most .01 percent return for actually finding a reader. For example if I had 3000 "syndications" I might have 3 readers (which were potentially just clicks and not actual readers - there was nothing saying how long each stayed on my page, or if they clicked anything on it while there)
2) Technically I already mentioned it: inadequate statistical presentation. For a site that is based on helping your blog get traffic, they don't offer anywhere NEAR enough statistical analysis which goes in-depth enough to help you figure out if they do or don't work for you.
3) Lazy/Unreachable Moderators. I have no idea who does the evaluations, possibly it is outsourced to some site like Amazon's mTurk (probably not, but it's possible), but anyone who takes 3 minutes to peruse a site, can easily tell if it's legitimate. If there is something that appears to break the rules, further investigation should ensue, not an immediate denial. There was no way provided in the denial email to contact whoever evaluated this blog, or anyone in particular who could help figure out what went wrong and resolve the issue. There was simply a canned response saying I could re-apply in 30 days! Here are two snippets directly from the email titled "We're Very Sorry..." from firstname.lastname@example.org (along with my redundant criticisms in parenthesis):
"This message is to inform you that
we have carefully reviewed your blog:
*(I guess they only read blogs and have never seen a dictionary, because CAREFUL reviewing is certainly not something that occurred here)
"If you improve the quality of
your blog, and you feel that
it then meets our strict criteria,
you can try and resubmit your
blog for review after 30 days"
*(no way to contact for review sooner, or ask for additional information, which is probably good thinking on their part since they would be so inundated with emails about their inappropriate denials, that they'd have even LESS time to review and deny all the incoming new and re-submit blogs)
**Note: the 4-7 words/line formatting is all theirs! I can only assume they email a lot of people with 6 inch wide screens and over-sized scrolling wheels.
In closing, yes my review MAY be a little biased towards their incompetence, even though I was initially excited by my original blog's "syndication" numbers, but I think that the post-thought I've given to the situation in its entirety, is quite like most post thoughts - good for now!
Approximately one in four children younger than 18 years old in the United States is exposed to alcohol abuse or alcohol dependence in the family.
"Alcoholism isn't a spectator sport. Eventually the whole family gets to play." ~ Joyce Rebeta-Burditt
Find out how hypnosis can help!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
There, now that you're relaxed, I'd say you're ready for the next two.
This one I cropped a little and added my own political slant, but you can form your own opinion:
While you're considering your candidate, consider this:
Don't forget to pay your taxes - an estimated 21 million illegal aliens are depending on you!
That's it for now, have a great "Hump Day!"
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I know you'll find, like thousands of others, that you quickly become addicted to these games (the chance at a more than $1 MILLION JACKPOT has nothing to do with it I'm sure)!!
The long and short of it:
Currently there are two games:
1) Free Money Wheel - a lottery/lotto-style game where you can pick 9 numbers or do a "quick pick."
2) BANKO - a bingo-style game looking for lines, corners, and patterns.
- Keno-style game coming soon! -
They are completely FREE to play and give you the chance to win cash, up to the jackpot, which is guaranteed to be at least $1,000,000! Check out the list below to see all the sites where you can spin-to-win or go BANKO for bucks!
Netwinner also provides two great ways to maximize your earnings (isn't that what it's all about!?): Referral Bonuses and an Affiliate Network!
Game Site Links
4) Free Stuff Times
1) - Main Site - 2) 3)
6) Anything Free4You
7) Free Stuff Hot Deals
8) Buck Fever
9) Freebie Free
10) 11) 12)
44) 45) 46) 47) 48) 49) 50) 51) 52) 53) 54) 55) 56) 57) 58) 59) 60) 61)
Game Site Links
Remember: You'll want to make sure you verify your email address from the MyAccountpage to receive your prizes in a timely manner.
And as always:
1) There is never anything to download (play everything directly on the website)
2) Netwinner is ABSOLUTLY 100% FREE!!
3) Make Money While You Sleep - refer friends and neighbors! You get 10% bonuses on everything they win (cash AND points) and up to 500 points each just for signing them up!!! Or you can cash in on their simple affiliate program!
P.S. Don't forget, is coming soon, which means more fun and more ways to win great prizes like these:
NetWinner.com and its partner sites are NOT gambling sites. You do not need a credit card or bank account to play and there are no tickets or entries to purchase. It's always free to play, so please help spread the NetWinner story by telling all your friends! Thanks, and good luck!
MUST BE 18 OR OLDER