To realize your affirmations, keep them rooted in your mind and work on them regularly. The most important technique is imaging.
- At least once per day, lie on your back in a comfortable area (a bed or couch can be used if available, but a carpeted floor can work just fine), where you won't be disturbed.
- Act everyday, as if your affirmation has already come to pass.
- Post reminders in several strategic spots that you're sure to pass every day:
- mirrors, especially in the bathroom
- the wall along stairs or in a hallway
- the refrigerator
- your car radio
Example: Let's say your affirmation is, "When I work, I am focused, alert, and relaxed - my mind is clear and sharp." Create an image of yourself at your desk. Imagine the flowing, joyful state of mind where details fall into place and each complex problem gives way to your powers of concentration. Picture the smile on your face and the lightness of your posture. See yourself fulfilling tasks one after another and completing many with ease.
Example: If your affirmation is something physical, such as, "I'm 25% stronger and faster," you can't immediately make this a reality, and "faking" it could actually be dangerous. However, you can mentally make it happen by representing the change in your stance, walk, and how you approach people, as if you were the new stronger, faster you.
Every time you pass one of these "checkpoints," say your affirmation to yourself, silently or aloud. Practice quickly bringing an image of it to mind where it's already been realized. It may take a little time at first, but soon you'll be able to create vivid scenes in no more time than it takes to snap your fingers. Keep at it, and the images, words, and feelings will stay with you as you carry on with your life towards your new, assuredly assured success!